I explained it to her using an example that she understood perfectly. Here's a rough transcript of our conversation . . .
Mom: What Obama wants to do is take Daddy's hard earned money and give it to people who haven't done anything to deserve it. It's kind of like swim team. Remember how you got up every day this summer and went to practice? You worked hard to contribute to the team!
Paris: Right! Even when it was hot and I was tired, we still went.
Mom: Then, at the end of the season, you earned a spot in the Meet of Champions, right?
Paris: Yeah! I won all first and second place ribbons and got to go to the MOC!
Mom: Well, imagine on the race day you jumped in the water when they blew the whistle. You swam your hardest and you got first place (again). But, the girl in the next lane -- who did not go to practice and did not even know how to swim -- jumped in and dog paddled down the lane. It took her 2 minutes, but she eventually got to the end. When she got out of the water, they were giving you the first place ribbon. But the other girl started screaming "THAT'S NOT FAIR! I WANT A BLUE RIBBON! I DESERVE A BLUE RIBBON. IF SHE HAS A BLUE RIBBON THEN I SHOULD HAVE ONE TOO!!!!!"
So, the judges take your blue ribbon and give it to her. They don't want her to be disenfranchised from the swim team.
Paris: That does not sound fair. Why should she get the ribbon if she didn't go to practice and she doesn't even know how to swim? She was invited to come to swim team. She could have come to practice, but she chose not to. All she did was complain and get her way. AND MY RIBBON!
Mom: Exactly! And that's why we don't like Mr. Obama's plans for our country. It gives people money but it doesn't teach them how to make it for themselves. They haven't been to "practice" so they don't know what to do. So, they whine and complain and Mr. Obama gives them a big hunk of Daddy's paycheck. Even though they do not deserve it!
2 comments:
LOVE your example! I'm totally ripping you off.
Rush had a good one too on his website.
Post a Comment