First, read the article in the Houston Chronicle:
http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=2007_4480655
My husband, Jeffrey, is quoted earlier in the piece and I'm quoted later the the piece. We're part of a small neighborhood group fighting the TIRZ 17 to keep them from widening our little road. Currently just 2 lanes and only about 1/2 mile long, Bunker Hill (north of I-10) dead ends at Long Point. I just can't see any rational purpose in widening the road to 44 feet (they say it will be 2 lanes + a turn lane, but they're making it wide enough for 4 lanes). Since I live on the corner and they are planning to widen the cross street for a light, the road is coming closer to my house on 2 sides. I'm angry that a group of greedy developers -- who have our City Council Member, Toni Lawrence as their puppet AND have friends and family on the City Planning Commission -- can just come in and put a road outside my window.
It's not just my home . . . others who live on Bunker Hill and have driveways will be at risk when they leave their homes (including my 90 year old neighbor). The children at the elementary school will be in danger as they walk to and from school. More pollution. Cars driving faster on the wider lanes. Makes my blood pressure soar.
Well, read the article. There's so much more on the subject and, believe me, you'll hear more about it soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment