Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Who's the REAL pig?

OUTRAGE!!!!!!! Words simply fail me in trying to describe the outrage I feel at Barack Hussein Obama's comment yesterday about putting lipstick on a pig. Such an obvious reference to Sarah Palin's joke:

What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick.

People, he called her a pig. On national television. He then had the audacity to say that the two comments had no relation and that anyone who felt so was falling for the distractions of the McCain campaign. Bull-oney. As a woman, I am so angry and offended by this blatant sexist comment that I could spit nails.

I'm from the southwest and in some cases, it might be humorous to say in a situation like this: "Get a rope" or "Let's string him up" which could refer to punishment for a horse thief. However, since Mr. Obama is half black, and since those statements could also refer to the unfair lynchings of blacks in the past, that would be terribly racist and completely inappropriate. In other words, I'd use common sense and common decency and choose less offensive words.

Mr. Obama deserves a major castigation (not castration -- not yet anyway) from women's groups around the nation. I hope that the women in this nation -- Republican, Democrat, Independent; black, white, Hispanic, Asian; old and young; rich and poor -- will stand up together and say "That's NOT ok with us."

Here's what I'd pay good money to see: Barack in a room full of hockey moms who get the well-deserved opportunity to whack him with their kid's hockey sticks.

No comments: